Limited Mite Travel
“FUN”damental Hockey Program
The ECHO Stars and Mark McGrath have joined forces to offer the 2019-2020 Limited Mite Travel (formerly Mini Mite) Hockey Program at the Bolton Ice Palace. Mark and his family of skaters have been teaching children the fundamentals of Ice Hockey for over twenty years. This program runs in three 8-week sessions from early September through Mid March. The Mite Limited Travel Program will focus on skaters of mite age (4-8 year olds).
In addition to skills development, there will be cross-ice games played, as well as games against other youth hockey associations throughout the state. These players will participate in at least one Mini Mite Festival during the season. USA hockey has determined that practice, practice, practice is the most important component of skill development. Therefore, practicing the fundamentals of ice hockey will take priority. Skaters will participate in at least 1 Mini-Mite Festivals during the season. This is a developmental program designed to be fun, under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
- A fun, safe and positive experience for a child's early contact with hockey.
- An introduction to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
- Development in a fun learning environment while instilling self-confidence
- Develop basic hockey skills based on participant’s skill level.
- Skating, Passing, Puck Handling, Turning, Stopping and Shooting.
- Begin learning specifics of the game.
- Boys and girls
- Skating ability ~ Participants should have already completed one year in the Learn to Play Program prior to entering this next level. Exceptions may be made dependent upon an assessment made by the program director.
DATES and FEES:
From Early September through Mid-March in three Eight Week Sessions
Tuition: $ 380.00 per 8 week session
Saturday 7:50 to 9 am
Sunday 7:50 to 9 am
Session 1 starts: September 7, 2019
Registration is online. http://www.echostars.com/Registration/Default.asp?org=echostars.com Payment for sessions can be made by credit card or by check. Checks made out to ECHO should be placed in the black mailbox on the Skate Rental Facade near the ECHO Bulletin Board.
Late registrations will be accepted and prorated. Payments for late registrants can be made by check.
The following equipment is required: Stick, helmet, mouth guard, neck guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, and skates. For recommendations on where to purchase gear contact Coach Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-490-5796
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE REGARDING THE PROGRAM OR EQUIPMENT PLEASE CONTACT:
Program Director: Coach Mark McGrath at email@example.com or 860-490-5796