“FUN”damental Hockey Program
The ECHO Stars and Coach Michael Thibodeau have joined forces to offer the 2021-2022 Mite/House Development Program at the Bolton Ice Palace. Coach Mike and the ECHO family of skaters have been teaching children the fundamentals of Ice Hockey for several years. Coach Mike has been volunteering with ECHO since 2012.The Mite Limited Travel Program will focus on skaters age (4-14 year olds). This program runs from early September through February in three 8-week sessions.
In addition to skills development, there will be cross-ice games played, as well as games against other youth hockey associations throughout the state. These players will participate in at least one Mini Mite Festival during the season. USA hockey has determined that practice, practice, practice is the most important component of skill development. Therefore, practicing the fundamentals of ice hockey will take priority. This is a developmental program designed to be fun, under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
- A fun, safe and positive experience for a child's early contact with hockey.
- An introduction to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
- Development in a fun learning environment while instilling self-confidence
- Develop basic hockey skills based on participant’s skill level.
- Skating, Passing, Puck Handling, Turning, Stopping and Shooting.
- Begin learning specifics of the game.
- Get your skater ready for Travel hockey
- Boys and girls
- Skating ability ~ Participants should have already completed one session in the Learn to Play Program prior to entering this next level. Exceptions may be made dependent upon an assessment made by the program director.
DATES and FEES:
From Early September through April in two eight week sessions and one six week session.
Tuition: $400 per 8 week session
Saturday 10:10 to 11:10 am
Sunday 10:15 to 11:15 am
Session 1 starts: September 11, 2021
Session 2 starts: November 6, 2021
Session 3 starts: Jan 16th, 2022
Registration is online. https://www.leagueathletics.com/Registration/Default.asp?n=169887&org=echostars.com Payment for sessions can be made by credit card.
Late registrations will be accepted and prorated.
The following equipment is required: Stick, helmet, mouth guard, neck guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, and skates. For recommendations on where to purchase gear contact Coach Mike at email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE REGARDING THE PROGRAM OR EQUIPMENT PLEASE CONTACT:
Program Director: Coach Michael Thibodeau at firstname.lastname@example.org