ECHO Little Stars Rookies
(formerly Mini Mites/House)
“FUN”damental Hockey Program
The ECHO Stars coaching staff and Instructor Colin Turer have joined forces to offer the 2022-2023 ECHO Little Stars Rookies Program at the Bolton Ice Palace. Colin has been part of the ECHO community since 2010 and has assisted in the Rookies program since 2016. The program will focus on skaters' age (4-14 year-olds). This program runs from early September through February in three 8-week sessions.
In addition to skills development, there will be cross-ice games played, as well as games against other youth hockey associations throughout the state. USA hockey has determined that practice, practice, practice is the most important component of skill development. Therefore, practicing the fundamentals of ice hockey will take priority. This is a developmental program designed to be fun, under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
- A fun, safe and positive experience for a child's early contact with hockey.
- An introduction to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
- Development in a fun learning environment while instilling self-confidence
- Develop basic hockey skills based on the participant’s skill level.
- Skating, Passing, Puck Handling, Turning, Stopping, and Shooting.
- Begin learning the specifics of the game.
- Get your skater ready for Travel hockey
- Boys and girls
- Skating ability ~ Participants should have already completed one session in the Learn to Play Program prior to entering this next level. Exceptions may be made dependent upon an assessment made by the program director.
DATES and FEES:
From Early September through April in two eight-week sessions and one nine-week session
Tuition: $400 per session
Thursday 5:20 to 6:20 pm
Saturday 10:10 to 11:10 am
Session 1 starts: September 15, 2022
Session 2 starts: November 10, 2022
Session 3 starts: Jan 12, 2023
Registration is online. Payment for sessions can be made by credit card.
Click Here to Register
Late registrations will be accepted and prorated.
The following equipment is required: Stick, helmet, mouth guard, neck guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, and skates. For recommendations on where to purchase gear contact Coach Mike at email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE REGARDING THE PROGRAM OR EQUIPMENT PLEASE CONTACT:
Program Director: Colin Turer at firstname.lastname@example.org