LEARN TO PLAY
“FUN”damental Hockey Program
The ECHO Stars and Coach Mike Thibodeau have joined forces with the Learn to Play Rangers program to offer the 2021-2022 Learn to Play Hockey Program at the Bolton Ice Palace. This program runs from early September through February in three 8-week sessions. The Learn to Play Rangers Program focuses on skill development without the pressures of competition. This is a progressive learn to play curriculum designed to introduce beginners to the game’s basic skills. Participants are introduced to the skills of skating, passing, puck control and shooting. Children learn through participating in practice drills and informal scrimmages under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
PROGRAM GOALS: Thibodeau
- A fun, safe and positive experience for a child's first contact with hockey.
- An introduction to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
- Development in a fun learning environment while instilling self- confidence.
- Develop basic hockey skills based on participant’s skill level.
- Skating, Passing, Puck Handling, Turning, Stopping and Shooting.
- Build a foundation for future years.
- Boys and girls
- Skating ability ~ first time and novice skaters
DATES and FEES:
- This Program runs from early September through February in three 8-week Sessions. Due to COVID-19, Session 1 will be split into two smaller groups.
Tuition: $200.00 per 8 week session
Saturdays - First half of group @ 10:20-11:20 AM
Second half of group @ 11:30-12:30 PM
Your group will be announced before the session begins
Session 1 starts: September 12, 2020
Session 2 starts: November 7, 2020
Session 3 starts: February 27, 2021 (6 week session) - $150
Registration is online: https://www.leagueathletics.com/Registration/Default.asp?n=169887&org=echostars.com Payment may be made by credit card or by check. Checks should be made to ECHO and placed in the black mailbox on the Skate Rental Facade, next to the ECHO Bulletin Board.
Attn: Mike Thibodeau
The following equipment is required: Stick, helmet, neck guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, and skates. Please contact Amber LaFontaine for additional equipment information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Program Director: Coach Mike Thibodeau at email@example.com or 860-942-9141